Sanitisers, why use them?
We get asked all the time what makes our sanitisers so special? Why can’t I just use bleach, or another shop bought cleaning product? Easy answer is that our sanitisers are specialised and much more effective than anything that can be bought of the shelf!
We choose our sanitisers based on the Log Kill scale;
What’s a log kill scale?
Log Kill (reduction) is a mathematical term used to used to show the relative number of microbes removed from a surface by cleaning or disinfecting. On a scale of 1-10 bleach and every day cleaners have a rating of 1, our sanitiser has a rating of 8. So what does that mean in real terms?
- 1 log reduction means the number of germs is 10 times smaller
- 2 log reduction means the number of germs is 100 times smaller
- 3 log reduction means the number of germs is 1000 times smaller
- 4 log reduction means the number of germs is 10,000 times smaller
- 5 log reduction means the number of germs is 100,000 times smaller
- 6 log reduction means the number of germs is 1,000,000 times smaller
- 7 log reduction means the number of germs is 10,000,000 times smaller
- 8 log reduction means the number of germs is 100,000,000 times smaller
All of our sanitisers work on level three or above our top one works at level 8. To put this in perspective, most shop bought sanitisers work at level 1 or below, even bleach only reaches level 1!
We utilise the very best sanitiser for your needs and have five to choose from, one of these being our general cleaning agent! Even this is effective against such things as MRSA and Ecoli.
Working up our scale we have a sanitiser specifically for use on bird guano, one is for blood or other body fluids in a small contained areas. Our top two are the best that can be resourced, One of these is specifically used for Covid 19 issues and is the government recommended chemical. Our remaining sanitiser is a level above and can stay active for up to three months after we have carried out treatment, this can be used for all applications, but is currently not Covid 19 certificated.
We use three methods to apply our sanitisers and again this depends on your individual needs as to what option we choose. Wiping, spraying or fogging.
What ever sanitiser we use and whatever method for application we choose, you can be assured that we leave your area completely treated and bacteria free! Combine this with the rating on the Log kill scale and you can see it is very effective indeed.